Learn more and educate yourself before making any decisions! Let Fortune help you today.
Evaluating Structured Settlement Purchasers
Maybe you have already decided you want to sell your structured settlement payment. You know the benefits. You know the drawbacks. You’re just tired of waiting and need your cash. If this scenario pertains to you, you will have to deal with a structured settlement buying company in order to get the lump sum you want for your payments.
There are tons of structured settlement purchasers from which to choose. And you’re in a place where you know this is what you need to do. The issue is that there are a multitude of companies out there who are trying to take advantage of you; they know you have been through a lot, are in a tough spot, and just want to get through the process quickly. Because of these predator companies, it’s important to keep an eye out and instead choose the purchaser who will both make your process easy and maintain your best interest throughout it.
Here’s how to make sure you’re working with the best.
Things you want:
1) A direct number to talk to a person: If you have questions along the way, make sure you’re working with someone you can depend on to pick up the phone.
2) Someone with experience: You also want to work with someone with experience working with structured settlements, not just annuities in general.
3) A written offer that someone takes the time to explain: If someone pressures you to sign something you don’t understand, that’s a red flag that you should look elsewhere.
Things you don’t want:
1) A company that charges you for a quote: A structured settlement purchasing company should offer a free, written quote.
2) A giant national firm that doesn’t have time for you: You should be able to get a hold of the person handling your sale and ask questions at any point.